- Worked as a Graphic Design Specialist for the last 6 years. Managed the whole project, from the draft process and to the delivery issues.
- Have immaculate skills in communication and problem-solving tasks
- Have skills in Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office. Possess knowledge of web applications.
- Know how to maximize the efficacy of the project to help clients step up to the new level with their products.
Senior Graphic Designer at Experion, NY
- Helped clients to reduce their costs by leading the development of the idea, design, and graphic implementation. Took part in the production communication.
- Worked with the team of designers and learned how to delegate the tasks to each member effectively.
- Ensured the quality of the final projects by assessing the work of the team.
- Worked with huge budgets and forecast their success.
Graphic Design Specialist at Stepping Stone Advertising
- Worked on different marketing projects and discussed them with the clients to meet the necessary expectations. These were logos, newsletters, presentations, brochures.
- Developed time management skills and met the deadlines working on 5 different projects at a time.
- Consulted clients on their issues concerning graphic design.
- Regularly offered my projects to clients and managers.
Education and skills:
- Studied at Rochester Institute of Technology
- Got a diploma in Fine Arts and became a Bachelor
- Helped with the school newspaper
- High-level expertise in Adobe and Microsoft Office Suite
- SEGD member
- HTML and CSS applicable knowledge
- Spanish and English working skills
Understand now that 50% of resumes just don’t make it to the next stage of the interview because they look awful. Also, a big problem is the inconsistent presentation of information and lack of knowledge of how to describe your strengths. Get a sought-after graphic design position by listening to advice on the general appearance of paper and describe the following:
- Your professional specialization: general information about the expert in which field the future employee is, what problem-solving skills he acquired and what experience he has with certain programs.
- Experience in this specialization: Indicate the name of the companies, their territorial location, odes of work, and responsibilities. Also, the availability of statistics in the form of percentages and numbers will be a big plus.
- Educational institutions that the specialist graduated from your university, what level you acquired after completing it, as well as what marks you received as a result.
- Competitive skills: what exactly sets you apart from other candidates, and what skills you can use to help the company develop.
Fill in each item taking into account the requirements of the HR department for you as a specialist. Very often, this is what plays a key role in moving to the next stage of the interview.
The Key Writing Advice for Graphic Designers
We’ve seen a lot of cases where strong enough candidates have created terribly weak graphic design resumes. Why is this happening? Most often, this is a consequence of a lack of sufficient experience or a basic understanding of how things should work in this matter. What complicates the task of obtaining a vacancy is the incredible competition for every job position in this specialty. In this period of time, almost all companies need a highly educated specialist to be a part of a team and fill vacancies quickly enough. In order not to miss a possible chance, study what techniques you can use and get the flawless paper.
1. Functionality is the second name of success.
A graphic design specialist can put together a great resume. This has been proven by practice. However, too radical an approach can ruin everything, from the first impression to the level of understanding of the information. If you overload your paper with effects, the HR specialist will simply lose interest in it from the very first seconds. Remember that even the most demanding employer is a person and his eyes and brain perceive information when it looks simple but interesting.
2. Always include a graphic designer resume objective.
At the heart of this resume is the goal of quickly learning your exceptional skills. Help the company explore your key benefits in minutes. By always adapting the paper to a specific position, you win the battle with potential competitors and save the HR department’s time.
There’s a mandatory addition of data such as the main and important stages of life associated with the profession and how these skills will help develop in a future position, the number of years in the profession, specific data on achievements, as well as goals and prospects as you see them in the future. Remember that not only your past plays a role but also the goals that you clearly defined in advance will help define you as a person who is not indifferent to the matter.
3. Acquired graphic design skills are the key to your new role.
Do you know how to impress an employer without making them bored by reading a long list of programming languages or programs that you are fluent in? This is a fine line, and be sure to pay attention to it. In the section on available special abilities, list only the most basic and demanded programs that all companies use. This will help the HR manager see if you are the right fit for them or not. Try to write in the first lines the rarest skills that you can be proud of and smoothly move on to the basic ones.
4. Creativity is not the best helper.
When it comes to graphic materials, this does not mean that the specialist does not want to add romanticism to his merits in the profession. Regardless of how proud you are of your accomplishments, in some paragraphs, it is better to describe the merits in terms of dry statistics. If you want to say that this is boring, then we disagree. When it comes to the selection of a candidate who will solve the assigned tasks for the company, the HR manager will pay attention to the person whose profit increased by what percentage in the area is supported by the specialist. Sometimes being boring is necessary for the result.
5. Your portfolio speaks louder than theory.
We can say that the graphic design portfolio section increases the employer’s interest in you several times. The reason is simple: Describing your accomplishments does not always show the full picture of your skills. Also, for candidates who have no experience in resume writing, it is sometimes a failure to provide only this separate piece of paper. Without the ability to properly format and write the data in the resume, you may not have the desired impact. But when adding a portfolio, the HR manager will personally see who you are as a specialist in practice.
From our long observations: by adhering to the advice and taking help from resume writing services, getting a position in the company becomes several times easier! Make your goal a reality much faster by seeking help.
What should be on a graphic design resume?
The paper contains different content, but the basis must remain constant: Full contact information with the applicant, previous experience, including company names, education (each completed educational institution or course must be indicated), strong skills of the specialist. The portfolio will be of great help and will increase the chances of passing to the next stage of consideration of your application.
How can a freelance graphic designer make a resume?
This is possible when the specialist adheres to the following principles: Examine what exactly the company wants from the employee and make the required skills your strength. Match your skills with a resume format that works best visually and helps you better understand information. -Write down the main headers and add the relevant details. Find links where you can find your portfolio and add them to enhance your paper. Name universities, courses, and other educational programs. Describe your strengths, skills, and invaluable experience in them. Check for any kind of errors and remove parasitic words. These tips will help you achieve the right effect, and this has been proven by experts.
Is graphic design a good career?
According to global statistics, companies suffer from a lack of professionals, and therefore the moment they find a suitable specialist, he becomes part of the team. This specialization is more than necessary in our time; therefore, choosing it is not an easy one but an excellent option for future development as a person.