Are Resume Professional Writers Legit, and How to Choose the Best One?
Looking for a job, you surely face some issues. Whether it is your first job or you’re an experienced worker, writing a resume is a real challenge. This sheet of paper can decide your future because they help you (or does not help) to get an invitation for an interview from your future employer. It means that if you fail with your resume, you’ll miss the great opportunity.
What is the best choice in this situation? A lot of people believe that they need to hire professional resume writers. However, this service comes with a few doubts like: are these authors legit? The answer is pretty simple: it depends on the company you choose. There are legit services and non-legit, professional authors, and frauds. Let’s dive deeper to find out how you can make the right decision!
Do You Need a Professional Resume Writer to Help You With Your Job Search?
The first thing you need to decide on is: do you need a resume writer at all?
Of course, professional writing services are very helpful, and they come with various benefits, but it doesn’t mean that all job seekers need them. This is a list of questions that you should ask yourself before you pay for resume writing:
- Do you have a clear sense of your goals? If you don’t have a clear target, even the best authors can’t help you. Hiring a resume writer with a primary goal “to find a job” makes no sense. You need to know the type of position you want, the skills required, your strengths and weaknesses, etc. An author can’t make you a professional if you’re not.
- Do you face some issues on your way? If you send resumes and get interview invitations, you don’t need professional help. But if you understand that something is wrong with your CV, it would be a good idea to ask for professional advice.
- Are you a talented writer? Some people don’t need help because they know for sure how to put words on paper. But if you’re a numbers person or tech-oriented, you might experience difficulties at this stage.
- Do you have enough free time? When you work on your resume, you should be ready to spend a lot of time. You’ll research, gather and structure information, write, rewrite, proofread, etc. If you’re currently employed, you need to find at least several free hours a day. Or to outsource this task to people who can provide you with fast results.
- Are you sure that you can write a flawless resume? You need to know that companies receive a lot of papers from different candidates. It is impossible to hire all of them, and that’s why recruiting managers get rid of papers that don’t meet their expectations. It means that even an insignificant typo can be crucial.
Don’t expect that professional resume writers will find a job for you. They help you to tell your story, make an impression, stand out among your competitors, etc. But once you get an interview invitation, you should show your professional qualities and prove that you’re the best candidate.
Are Professional Resume Writers Worth the Money?
When you’re looking for a new job, you want to earn money, not to spend it. However, some expenses are necessary if you want to play for high stakes. For example, you need to buy an interview suit and dry it clean. You need to pay for online courses that help you to expand your knowledge, etc. And if you feel that professional writing services will help you to find a job faster, you surely need to pay for them. Actually, it can be a profitable investment that will pay off.
Of course, it doesn’t mean that you need to break your piggy bank. If you don’t have money at all, it would be better to find another option because you shouldn’t be out of pocket. But if the question is how to spend your money wisely, you just need to do thorough research. Analyze all the companies in this niche to find out what the average price is. Decide on the services that you need as well as on your budget. For example, if you need a resume, CV, cover letter, etc., you should find an appropriate plan.
How to Find a Resume Writer When You Don’t Know Who Can Help You?
Once you understand that you need help from experts, it is time to find a decent professional writer.
Most career experts work online, so your location doesn’t matter. However, if there is any regional specificity, it would be better to find local authors.
We recommend starting your search by asking people who have already used such services. You can ask your friends or relatives, colleagues, people on the Internet. If you know some recruiters, they also can give you a piece of advice.
But if you can’t find good recommendations, be ready to hit Google. On the one hand, it is a perfect option since you can find dozens of companies with different offers. But it is also necessary to be very attentive. It is very important to:
- Check the company’s website, its services;
- Read the Terms&Conditions document;
- Find out what guarantees you have when you place an order;
- Check the company’s online reputation;
- Ensure that prices are affordable;
- Contact the customer support manager with a few questions;
- Get a free initial consultation.
Yes, these stages will take you some time, but once you find the right writer, you’ll feel relieved.
How to Choose the Resume Writer That Will Provide You With the Best Result?
We have mentioned that it is very important to find the right writer. But who is right? There are some aspects that you can pay attention to:
- Education and qualification. Any student can type up a career history for you, but it is not enough. You need an author who is well-educated and seasoned, who knows how to impress hiring managers. So, it is better to hire a professional resume writer with higher education and background in recruiting or HR. During an initial consultation, you can ask these questions and assess qualifications. Besides, it is very important that your author is well aware of your job standards. For example, if you’re a software developer and your resume writer knows nothing about programming literally, it is a weak strategy.
- Resume samples. All reputable companies post samples on their websites. Of course, they can’t disclose the real people data, but they can prepare ‘before’ and ‘after’ samples, especially for prospective customers. Look them through to check for quality and variation. Resumes should be written with a personal approach, and they should be interesting and attractive.
- Guarantees. When you pay for any service, you should know what you receive. Good companies offer a satisfaction guarantee which means that if you don’t get interview invitations, they will refund your money. It is also necessary to know that your paper will be ready on time, that it will be revised in case when you have some edits.
- Focus. Be sure that writers that you hire are customer-focused. They should ask you questions, analyze your goals, offer you strategies, etc. You need to find an author who is eager to help you.
Once you find a company that you can trust, you can start a perfect collaboration that will help you to achieve your goals!
How Much Should You Pay for Resume Writer’s Services?
Looking for a writing service, you’ll easily find out that fees vary greatly. We understand people who look for the cheapest options. There are also people who look for the most expensive options. Price can tell you about the company’s attitude.
Why are cheap resume writers cheap? It doesn’t mean that all expensive companies provide decent quality, but you can’t expect a good resume when you pay about $20. Professional-level resumes cost $350-700, and the price depends on your requirements, deadline, the author’s expertise, etc. If you can’t afford such services, it is better to write a resume yourself. Avoid extremely cheap offers unless you know for sure that it is not a scam.
To Sum Up: Is a Resume Professional Writer Legit? Should You Hire?
Wrapping things up, we can tell you that resume writers are legit when you hire professionals. Our company is legitimate, and we provide our customers with the desired level of quality. We always appreciate your feedback, and we are happy to know that we help people.
Of course, there are many companies that are not legit, just like in any other niche. You can find a bad dentist or a plumber, and your tutor can be a fraud, and so on. It doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t hire anyone. Take some time and find people whom you can trust!